Today is my work anniversary, I have completed 4 years. Ahhh long time, never thought of staying so long in same company ;), of course, no one thinks of this because of career growth. But why to switch company, when you are growing in the same company in every aspect. It’s been a good experience so far…
Ladder of Success
- I have joined rtCamp as Quality Analyst on 7th April 2014, before that I knew WordPress as a blogging platform only. Got to know here, how WordPress can surprise you every day. It’s not only the blogging platform, it’s much more.
- In the first two years of my WordPress career, I did so many things the first time like Automation Testing, Open Source Contribution, Publishing first personal blog. I already had a technology blog but didn’t have a personal blog
- In the third year of my career, I have become QA Team Lead in rtCamp and got featured in HeroPress. I was overwhelmed by the responses.
- This year I have been promoted to Project Coordinator.
Leverage of working with WordPress
When I joined as QA in rtCamp, I thought I am gonna regret my decision of switching from Java Development to completely new profile for me. Profile and technology both were completely new to me, but I never regretted my decision.
- Wonderful Community: WordPress is a wonderful community having friendly, enthusiastic people. I think WordPress has the most active community. One does not need to worry if s/he is stuck somewhere, people are there for help.
- Work From Home: It’s been more than a year, I have been working from home. Thanks to rtCamp 🙂 🙂 It gave me the opportunity to stay near my family while doing my job. What else you need :). If I would be working in any other technology/company, I would have not gotten this privilege. There is a weird question I always face 😀 Umm, you work from home, so do you get full salary?? Offcourse yes
- Networking, Recognition: WordCamps, Meetups are available for networking. I am lucky, even when I am working from home, I have ways to be in touch with the community. I overcame my stage fright a little by giving the presentation in WordPress Delhi Meetup. Everyone loves to be recognized and WordPress gives me this ❤ ❤
- Giving back to Community: I love to give back to the community, so I keep looking for ways to contribute either it’s Core Contribution, Theme Review, Documentation, WP.tv.
Many more promising years to come …. Thanks to everyone Family, Colleagues, Friends.